[opendtv] Re: Does Netflix/Comcast Deal Remove Obstacle To TWC Merger? - Forbes

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:40:34 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> And the plot thickens!
>
> Looks like Comcast wants to play nice with Netflix to help lube the Political
> process to get the TW merger approved.

I read that in the paper this morning, about the Netflix agreement with
Comcast, but that wasn't my take so much. Mostly, I thought that this is a sign
of things to come. Just like we have been arg... discussing on here. The ISPs
need to negotiate with their bandwidth hogs, and here's an example where they
are doing just that.

The paper also mentioned that it was unclear what this would mean to Netflix
subscription prices.