[opendtv] Re: Does Netflix/Comcast Deal Remove Obstacle To TWC Merger? - Forbes

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 00:03:12 -0500

On Mar 1, 2014, at 7:37 PM, Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I can't fathom what you don't get about this, Craig. Don't you understand the
> difference between being the loyal subject of a single holder of TV content,
> as you have been, and being able to shop around for that same content?

Do you understand that some of this content is exclusive to the MVPD bundles
and NEVER  makes it outside the walled gardens, and some is released to anyone
willing to pay AFTER it has premiered on the MVPD services.

You can shop around all you want, but you ain't gonna find it except in the
MVPD bundles.

Ignoring this reality is to believe that it does not exist.