[opendtv] Re: DVB considers SVC for 1080p and hierarchical modulation

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:32:14 -0800

Sounds very kludgish to me.  Wouldn't it be "neat" if ATSC M/H 1.0 provided
support for SVC?

SVC provides for a main and an enhanced layer, in my understanding, which is
limited to AVC.  Seems to me that you could have a 720p main layer and a
1080p enhanced layer.  Not too elegant, if it works at all.

John Willkie