[opendtv] Re: Channel approval process

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:04:57 -0400

> However, U.S. troops are stationed in more than one
> hundred countries.  The U.S. spends more on arms than the
> next five top spenders combined.

Whew. That's a stretch.

It also annoys me tremendously when my wife complains about
how I trim the bushes. I do it only because no one else will,
not because I'm trying to assert sole ownership or control
over these plants, nor because it's a pastime I enjoy.

I can assure you, there are legions of Americans who would
prefer the US got its troops the hell out of all these places,
including Iraq. But the rest of the world didn't exactly
approve of how long it took the Clinton administration to
move into the Balkans, did it? Or how the US did not take
decisive action in Rwanda? I'll bet a goodly sum that the US
will similarly be blamed for "not doing more" about the Sudan
now.

Perhaps the excuse "for not doing more" should be that this
isn't an imperialist nation. Somehow, that would sound lame.