[opendtv] AVSForum getting antsy over 8-VSB reception

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 02:21:43 -0500

Some are complaining that we need those 5th gen receivers now and
bringing up old 8-VSB performance data, recently a big NO NO.

In answer to CKNA on AVSForum dirk1843 puts it best....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=c1d8d3905cfcbb1352091a337d479339&threadid=496065

"I think most of the problem, is as CKNA said, poor antenna install or
wrong type for area."

What can I say, now I understand, 8-VSB was designed for the right type
of area and some of us just happen to live in a "wrong type of area".

Now it all makes sense.

Bob Miller