[opendtv] Re: AVSForum getting antsy over 8-VSB reception

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:59:05 -0600

Bob Miller wrote:

> Some are complaining that we need those 5th gen receivers now and
> bringing up old 8-VSB performance data, recently a big NO NO.
>
> In answer to CKNA on AVSForum dirk1843 puts it best....
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=c1d8d3905cfcbb1352091a337d479339&threadid=496065
>
> "I think most of the problem, is as CKNA said, poor antenna install or
> wrong type for area."

Bob, I've seen that sort of stuff too ... in the real world
of my friends.

And once again, when I go to their houses I see, as almost
always, the same thing: when it does nto work, the signal level
is too low, the co-located analog is very very snowy. I don't
see co-located analogs with a high S/N and ghosts and the
digital not working.

You are barking up the wrong tree for most of America.

No, that's wrong ... your pissing against the wrong
lightpost, since where my friends live there are no trees.

Doug McDonald