[opendtv] Re: A detail in the history of video standards

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:15:01 -0400

Which is why ATSC A/53D paragraph 5.7.4 states:

"5.7.4 PID Value Assignments:
PID values used to identify Transport Stream packets carrying
TS_program_map_section() or program elements shall not be set below 0x0010
or above 0x1FEF.

"Beginning not later than January 1, 2005, in order to avoid collisions with
fixed PID values and ranges already established in this and other
international standards, PID values used to identify Transport Stream
packets carrying  TS_program_map_section() or program elements shall not be
set below 0x0030."