[opendtv] Re: A detail in the history of video standards

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 10:18:23 -0400

John Willkie wrote:

>Tijuana has the following native tv stations
>3 (Canal Once/XEIPN from Mexico City)
>XETV 6 Fox
>XEWT 12
>21 TV Azteca
>27 TV Azteca
>33
>45
>49 (Tecate/Tijuana)
>57

That's 9.

>I engaged in slight exaggeration.  Korea has three tv channels;

TV Radio World lists 10 in Seoul, alone, a city, not a country, and
that's just the ones with web sites:
http://www.tvradioworld.com/region2/kor/Radio_TV_On_Internet.asp

> Britan has
>5;

Here's a list of 22 analog TV broadcasting networks in the UK:
http://www.tvradioworld.com/region3/uki/default.asp?n=tv

As you didn't specify analog, here's a list of around 50 Freeview channels:
http://www.moving-mountains.com/freeview.shtml

> France 6,

Here's a list of eight national TV networks:
http://www.tvradioworld.com/region3/fra/

> Germany about seven.

Seven NATIONAL networks on this page, plus 12 regional networks, plus
two local stations, and, again, that's analog:
http://www.tvradioworld.com/region3/deu/

FYI, I leave on vacation tomorrow, returning the 30th, so, if you don't
see further responses on this thread, that may be why.

TTFN,
Mark