[opendtv] Re: 20050627 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:32:17 -0700

John wrote:

> No, Bert,
>
> Like being able to go from 19 Kbps to 4 Kbps during the time we are at low
> power on our standby antenna while our main antenna is being serviced.

Amen John.

Example: recently one of our stations operated at less than half power for
the
past six months due to a failed transmission line at a high mountain top
transmitter location where such repairs could not be made until the June
snow
melt.

Such episodes are rather common in our business, though generally not for
such long durations and the ability to modify the transmission system to fit
the circumstances has significant value to stations and their viewers.