[openbeosstorage] Re: session module

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:27:15 +0100 CET

"Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> > So it
> > might be nice for users to be able to specify mount settings via
> > volume
> > name as well, something like:
> >
> > volume System /dev/disk/.../master/0=3D5F1 {
> >     read=3D5Fonly   true
> > }
> >
> > And the system would only apply the settings when either both of
> > the
> > constraints are true, or something like this=3D3F
> If there will be a GUI prefs app for that purpose one could even use
> more unique characteristics, like the device-absolute partition
> offset.

Right, that would be another good idea as long as we don't allow our
users to resize partitions and move them around :-)
(which will be perfectly true for R1)

And then, when the user creates such settings, he would probably know
why they can't be applied anymore.

[... dismissed idea...]

Adios...
   Axel.