[openbeosstorage] session module

  • From: Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:11:29 -0800

Howdy,

I've finally finished revamping the cdrom session module. It's a lot
more robust, and ought to handle audio and data sessions correctly
now. Please let me know if you find anything that breaks it. :-)
Also, my R5 CD is now recognized flawlessly thanks to the updated
partition module. Thanks Ingo. :-)

One thing I've noticed is that the CDROM table of contents currently
is read two or three times (I forget which) for each effectively
recognized session. It would probably be a lot faster if we could
return a cookie after the first call to get_nth_session(), or at
least cut the number of calls down from the disk_scanner to the
session modules to once per session index. Is this multiple call
behaviour expected?

So, my current task list now looks like this:

+ Join the multi-session volume set investigation
+ Have a closer look at Ingo's C++ Device API stuff
+ Add Joliet volume name support to iso9660 add-on

-Tyler