[obol] Re: Wherefore art thou, oh albatross?

  • From: Bob Archer <rabican1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 08:39:55 -0800

Being an ocean sailor, I have to correct Mr Irons on one point.  Every
point in the ocean does not have a closest point of land.  If you are a
sailor, one point to cross in your career is Point Nemo, which is in the
middle of a large open tract of the Pacific Ocean.  It is equidistant from
a point of land in the Easter Is group, Pitcairn Is group and an island of
Antartica.  About 1600 miles from any of those three if I recall correctly.
 The vast open ocean this point is in the middle of is about the size of
North America.  I suppose rare birds from this point should also be
forwarded to the newly formed B-Cuz panel, though I hear they only consider
Mt Chickadee as a review species?

Bob Archer