[obol] Re: Wherefore art thou, oh albatross?

  • From: "Tom Crabtree" <tc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>, "'Oregon Birders OnLine'" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:55:09 -0800

Unfortunately Joel has confused some of the geography in his last post.
Perhaps the batteries on his GPS device were running low.  The Benthic-Cascadia
Unclaimed Zone (B-Cuz) is a wedge of ocean between the claimed boundaries of
California and Oregon.  It no doubt will be claimed at some point by the Nation
State of Jefferson, pot growing capital of the Universe.  I hear they will
prepare their declaration of independence once their ambition returns, but
right now they are busy looking for snacks.

The area between Oregon and Washington is alternately known as.  Since it
involves a dispute between two states it has been referred to the Western
Hemisphere Oceanographic Coordinating Assembly to Resolve Sovereignty (WHO
CARES)for resolution.  It will sort through the issues involving "territorial
sea" [not to be confused with Great Big Sea] "coastal waters" [not to be
confused with Muddy Waters]" "Ocean Stewardship Area" [not to be confused with
Billy Ocean nor Patrick Steward[ship] and of course the previously mention EEZ,
[not be confused with Jay-Z, Jay Leno or L. L. Cool J].