[obol] Re: Wherefore art thou, oh albatross?

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 22:00:37 -0800

I don't WANT to draw them at all, straight or crooked.

The ABA made the nearest point of land rule for birds at sea, not me.

EBird interpreted that rule to produce the county lines (approximately)
as they are seen on the map. If you report a bird at sea to eBird, eBird
will plug them into counties (approximately) as shown on the map. I am
merely the messenger.  Feel free to test them yourself at eBird.

You, of course, may use whatever rules you choose to make up for
yourself.  As I have said before, I have lots of list, only one or two
conform to the ABA rules.  The rest are free and unrestricted, like the
albatross.

Your welcome.

Question: Is there anyone who espouses your position other than you?
Anyone at the ABA who wants to draw the lines as you do?

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR