[obol] Re: Wherefore art thou, oh albatross?

  • From: bmwboarder@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: oregon birding online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 08:27:20 -0800

Tim,

Tempting as that is to make an app as such (I don't think it would be too
hard), I think most people that would use such an app probably already have the
ebird birdlog app. This app takes the coordinates of wherever you are, and will
assign it to the county automatically, I believe according to the newer rules.
I believe most newer phones can have accuracy down to 5 meters or so.

I like the way you think though!  And I'm sure a few folks would still buy it
if it were made.

Brandon Wagner