[obol] Re: Wherefore art thou, oh albatross?

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:31:42 -0800

Good thing I'm PC!

I try my best to be partially correct, at least most of the time.

;-)

Cheers
Dave Lauten

On 2/5/2014 9:38 AM, David Irons wrote:
Dave Lauten is only partially correct. Not only would this app not make you rich, developing it and bringing it to market (where you might sell about 23 units) you will make you poor.

Dave Irons

Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 09:22:31 -0800
From: deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [obol] Re: Wherefore art thou, oh albatross?

Tim

There is no money to be made on this app. Even if eBird didn't do this, how many people actually go out to sea and care enough to know exactly where they are? Certainly not enough to make some "big cash" on. Good thinking, but I'm afraid this is one app that would not make you rich.....

Cheers
Dave Lauten

On 2/5/2014 6:10 AM, Tim Rodenkirk wrote:

    A see a HUGE opportunity here to make some big cash- be the first
    one to develop an app that can tell you what the CPL is from your
    current offshore GPS coordinates.  This is something that could be
    used to navigate around whatever your favorite county chunk of
    offshore waters may be in whatever state.  App writers, get to
    work, there is serious money to be made here!

    Tim Rodenkirk
    Completely app-less in Coos Bay