[obol] Re: Another question on range expansion

  • From: towhee <Towhee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tom Crabtree <tc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 22:41:27 -0500 (EST)

Greetings hummingbird fans,

So after posting my note on last year's Anna's in Bend's CBC, I found a
hummingbird (presumably Anna's, but had no binos at the time) at my frozen
feeder around 4:00 p.m. Got two fresh feeders out in a hurry. I checked my fall
observations and noted 1 or 2 Anna's pretty regularly from 9/26 to 10/24/2015.
This is my first sighting of an Anna's in a bit more than a month, although a
nearby neighbor, Hilary Garrett, observed one in the interim.

Incidentally, it was -6 F at my house yesterday morning. Tough little birds.

Mark