[obol] Re: protecting birds from windows

  • From: John Rakestraw <rakestrawbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: springazure1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 20:18:38 -0800

A quick and easy fix is ultraviolet window decals, which birds can see
well, but are less obtrusive to people. Window Alert and Bird's Eye View
are two good brands, both made in Oregon.

This article has some other tips
http://humaneeducation.org/blog/2015/10/31/5-minute-changemaker-reduce-bird-strikes/

Cheers,
John Rakestraw

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Mary Garrard <springazure1@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi everyone, this afternoon another bird hit my high east-facing windows
with a loud “clunk”. Raced outside, couldn’t find it. Last week I found a
Pine Siskin body in my driveway. I have been procrastinating on doing
something about this (for years) but I cannot continue to live with myself
if I don’t….

These are some of the products available:

http://www.flap.org/residential_new.php

Do you have any experience with any of these products? Pros/cons? I’m
leaning towards the wind curtain: http://www.birdsavers.com.

Thanks for any input, and sorry for multiple posts.

Mary Garrard

--
John Rakestraw
Portland, OR