[obol] protecting birds from windows

  • From: Mary Garrard <springazure1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Midvalley Birding <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 17:35:15 -0800

Hi everyone, this afternoon another bird hit my high east-facing windows with a
loud “clunk”. Raced outside, couldn’t find it. Last week I found a Pine Siskin
body in my driveway. I have been procrastinating on doing something about this
(for years) but I cannot continue to live with myself if I don’t….

These are some of the products available:

http://www.flap.org/residential_new.php
<http://www.flap.org/residential_new.php>

Do you have any experience with any of these products? Pros/cons? I’m leaning
towards the wind curtain: http://www.birdsavers.com
<http://www.birdsavers.com/>.

Thanks for any input, and sorry for multiple posts.

Mary Garrard