[muglo] Re: printer

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:13:35 -0500

One thing that can make pictures grainy is old ink cartridges and the
manufacturers always recommend their own brand of ink for best results.
  If you are able to force the printer to run the clean print head
procedure it may help.  I know on HP printers the head is replaced when
purchase a new cartridge so refilling the cartridge a number of times
may affect print quality.  I don't know if Canon printers replace the
print head with the ink cartridge, HPs do Epsons don't.  The alignment
process ensures that all print heads agree that point x or y are in the
same spot.  I haven't aligned a printer for long time but I remember on
early Epsons it involved printing a page of vertical and horizontal
lines that were made with various colours if the lines were straight
through all the colour ranges no adjustments was needed.

Gerhard