[muglo] Re: Jaguar on an early G4

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:54:58 -0500

At 7:20 PM -0700 3/19/03, Mark Sandilands wrote:

>I have a G4 that I bought in 1999 when they first came out.  I'm thinking of
>finally going over to OS 10

Great idea!

> and went to the local dealer who said that Jaguar doesn't support classic (OS
> 9.2.2) software.

A strange statement, indeed. If you buy a retail copy of OS X, (like Jaguar) it
will include an OS 9.x install. Of course the 2 OSs work happily together.

The misunderstanding maybe a result of the fact that Apple has plans to stop
selling Macs that can boot into OS 9, but that's a different story.

You seem good to go with the hardware you've got, and yes, a bigger HD is
probably in your future.

Mary