[mswindowsxp] Authorizations

  • From: Jim Betz <jimbetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:14:27 -0800

  Is there anybody on this list who has developed an application
for WinXP and had to deal with the problems associated with
"setting authorizations"?  Please contact me OFFline (directly).

  What I'm talking about is someone who knows how the stuff works
that would make an application run correctly if the user is in
Admin mode but fail if they are a Limited user.  No, I'm not a
developer who can't figure this out and is looking for help - and
no I don't need to know exactly how it works.
  What I need is the correct words and phraseology to use to talk
with the supplier of an application that I support.  This app
requires that the user of the app be an Administrator in order
to run correctly ... but it is an app that does not do any 'system'
stuff and, in fact, is no more sophisticated than something like
Office (it allows the users to update some forms).  I want to
convince the supplier that they need to 'rework' whatever parts
of the application are making it necessary for the user to be in
admin mode ... and one way to do that would be to be able to talk
to that person using the correct terminology.