[modeleng] Re: Steam engine RPM ?

  • From: Pcx <pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:39:13 +0200 (CEST)

Al,
As we are trying to follow closely ( when possible) the original design there
are no castings. All the parts are machined from the solid ! This engine was
design to be built without a lathe (except for the the flywheel and the
piston), using only hand tools. " Files, drills, taps, a hacksaw, and a
soldering iron did the rest of the work " . The steam chest is entirely
fabricated ! We are thinking to machine this item as we think it will be easier
than silver brazing small parts to form a box with steam ways! For the time
beeing, the crank shaft is completed as well as the piston rod, the connecting
rod ,the cross head and the cross head guides. Few minutes ago I was preparing
the parts for the bearings pedestals....
Unfortunately I do not have a digital camera to post the pics of the parts.
I'll try to borrow one inorder to show the progress.....
Regards.
PIerre
PS Al, I do hope you're not leaving in an area affected by the disaster? Our
heart is with your people and we do support you. God bless you.

pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx