[modeleng] Re: Loco identity

  • From: Tim Kirby <trk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 23:50:24 -0500

On 7/1/09 2:00 AM, "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Someone has sent me this photo of a locomotive, and asked if
> I can identify the design.
> My immediate response is "freelance", but I could be wrong.
> Any opinions?
>
> http://www.alanstepney.info/project9.jpg

I would bet on it being "not real" as far as steam is concerned.
I don't recognize the valve gear at all and I don't think it's
viable. It looks like something supposed to look like valve gear.
The tender looks more like a footstool and I would suspect contains
some sort of motive power unit to push it along.

At least, based on that one photograph.

Looks like a Mediterranean location...

My $0.02

Tim