[modeleng] Re: Loco identity

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:13:58 +0100 (BST)

Hmmm, I think you're right, the top half looks freelance, but the lower
levels look to have disproportionate attention to certain features, like
the holes in the tender frames.

Also the latter (unpainted) bits of the valve gear look strange in
comparison to the rest of the motion, as if done by two different people.

Use of horn castings on the tender and castings for the cylinders but
perhaps not for the driving wheels seems strange.

I'm judging by the surroundings (and the loco) that the picture isn't from
UK (or am I wrong) - location might help in determining the design.

Also what gauge is it?

Yours,

Rich.