[modeleng] Re: American Diesel Loco Drawings - F7 for Example

  • From: cbrumbelow@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:33:48 +0000

Actually, Al, the current build ratio is a tossup.  The large railroads tend to
support both manufacturers to assure some level of price and design
competition.  One year, a 100 loco order might be split 55-45 one way and next
year on a similar order the split could go the other way.  On a cumulative
basis I suspect GM is way ahead of GE because for years GE supplied components
to ALCO rather than building its own branded locos.  Charles