[mira_talk] (no subject)

  • From: Rob Good <rtgood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:56:52 +1100

I'm trying to assemble 5 million solexa reads against a drosophila ref.

mira -fastq -job=mapping,genome,accurate,solexa -project=DGRP-712

I get an unceremonious killed with no log output apart from what's on the
screen.
I only have 12 Gb RAM but thought I'd try it after reading the optimistic words
from Bastein on 3.2.1.5 regarding memory improvements
Am I being too hopeful

Done.
Loaded 15 reads with 168736537 raw bases.
0 reads have quality accounted for.
Postprocessing backbone(s) ... this may take a while.
15 to process
2L_bb   23011544
2LHet_bb        368872
2R_bb   21146708
2RHet_bb        3288761
3L_bb   24543557
3LHet_bb        2555491
3R_bb   27905053
3RHet_bb        2517507
4_bb    1351857
M_bb    19517
Uextra_bb       29004656
U_bb    10049037
X_bb    22422827
XHet_bb 204112
YHet_bb 347038
Localtime: Fri Feb 11 09:29:40 2011

Seeing strain 1: "ReferenceStrain"
Generated 1 unique strain ids for 15 reads.
Strain "default" has 0 reads.
Strain "ReferenceStrain" has 15 reads.
Localtime: Fri Feb 11 09:29:40 2011
Counting sequences in FASTQ file: found 5583864 sequences.
Localtime: Fri Feb 11 09:32:38 2011
Solexa will load 5583864 reads.
Longest Sanger: 0
Longest 454: 0
Longest PacBio: 0
Longest Solexa: 1412
Longest Solid: 0
Longest overall: 1412
Total reads to load: 5583864
-AL:shme is 0, automatically determining optimal value.
set -AL:shme 211
-SB:brl is 0, automatically determining optimal value.
brl: 3246
-SB:bro is 0, automatically determining optimal value.
bro: 1623
Reserving space for reads (this may take a while)
tcmalloc: large alloc 1319575552 bytes == 0x2b8d7b000 @
Reserved space for 5687818 reads (including backbone rails).
Adding rails to 15 contigs (this may take a while).
Killed
[rtgood1@imokurok ~]$ ls

Cheers

Rob