[macvoiceover] Re: Singing Sparrow's Install

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvoiceover Email list <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:20:18 -0500

I wonder if it's because she upgradeed from Snow Leopard. Maybe the rest of us
got the voice done automatically along the wy.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Sep 16, 2015, at 11:08 AM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you, still not finding that table that offers
enhanced Alex. Do you have to open the accessibility preferences to find it?
That's the last one over on the right for me without going to the help
documentation.
I'm starting to get a little worried that when my wife gets home she'll ask
me what I did today, and I'll say I spent a lot of time reading e-mails about
enhancement. No, no dear, it was about upgrading my computer voice. Why yes,
it does seem to be more robust and responsive.

Ian

On Sep 16, 2015, at 9:55 AM, Ignasi Cambra Díaz <ignasicambra@xxxxxx> wrote:

I would love to say I learned something as well, but somehow I am still
unable to find enhanced Alex! Now I feel like I want to meet him too! I went
into System Preferences, then Dictation and Speech, then I go to the Text to
Speech tab, but still can’t find enhanced Alex! Any tips?
On 16 Sep 2015, at 17:53, Suzanne Erb <suzerb1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, this is new to me, too. Alex is so good now, I wonder whether he will
sound enhanced.
Suzanne
On Sep 16, 2015, at 11:47 AM, Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Okay, that's the second new thing i've learned today. I'm heading back to
bed now - grin!

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Sep 16, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

If you go into system preferences dictation, and speech on the text to
speech pop up button go to the last one and select it now vo right arrow
to the table and interact with this and vo down arrow until you hear
upgrade to alex enhanced you can ta uninteracting to the play button and
do control option space to hear a sample.b

On 9/16/2015 10:12 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
I had no idea there was an enhanced Alex. I guess i'm publicly revealing
my ignorance if there is one.

The resources I just sent should help with your other questions.