[lit-ideas] Re: with or without Bush

  • From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:07:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/2004 6:11:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Goddess help anyone who is living in NYC. Their safety depends on the FBI,
CIA, NSA, and so on.
Lucky me, I have a writing assignment from a publisher whose offices are
adjacent to Madison Square Garden, site of GOP Natl. Convention. At least three
days a week I am on the top floor of a skyscraper overlooking Penn Plaza.

If I can find a silk-screen shop, I will have an "I Dare You to Bomb Me!"
T-shirt made.

Andreas, no New Yorker would ever imagine that their safety depended on
anything but their own resourcefulness, imagination, and guts. It would be
impossible to find an apartment, negotiate the subway, even get good seats for
the
Philharmonic--if one relied on "authorities" for guidance.

Smack dab in the middle of the populous, vulgar, rushing bullseye,
Eric