[lit-ideas] Re: with or without Bush

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 20:03:33 EDT

I wonder if it's a stretch to think that if Bush had not been in Iraq, we
would not have targeted Iraq.  If not, then had we not targeted Iraq, is it  a
stretch to consider that resources put to use there might have been otherwise
put to use in the Afghanistan/Pakistan area?

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] with or without Bush
Date: 8/2/2004 6:52:05 PM Central Daylight Time  From: _Scribe1865@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:Scribe1865@xxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stan maintains that if Bush had not been in  office, Bin Laden would have
been
captured. As if a change of presidents  could alter tactical and strategic
factors that work to Bin Laden's benefit.  Taken as a statement of
convictions,
Stan's hyperbole is hunky-dory. Taken  as a tactical prediction . . . well .
. .
it's a fine statement of  convictions.