[lit-ideas] Re: with or without Bush

  • From: Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Paul)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 02 Aug 2004 23:11:56 PDT

Stan Spiegel writes:

Curious comment. You yourself say that Afghanistan has been sorely neglected
by this President. Imagine if Bush had spent the 151 billion he's spent so
far in Iraq intead on pursuing OBL and his terrorists in Afghanistan. It
doesn't seem farfetched to me that we'd have brought bin Laden to heel and
made Afghanistan a safer place,
Read my post, Stan. There's nothing in it that conflicts with this. However, the
counterfactual claim was not that if Bush had not done what he did after 9/11,
etc., but ithat if Bush had not been president on 9/11, etc. It probably only
matters to JL and me.

Robert Paul
Reed College