[lit-ideas] Re: last honest reporter missing

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 07:49:12 -0700 (PDT)

In other words, laws are unnecessary.  If someone robs someone, or millions of
someones, then heck, he'll get his in the end anyway, so why waste time
pursuing it through the legal system?  What's the difference between what these
people did and the bank robbers of the 30's except that today they stole a lot
more money.  Do you think Bonnie and Clyde should have been left alone to do
whatever they wanted?

I don't fret for the future.  On some level I agree with Richard
Heinberg..  Running out of cheap oil will be devastating for humanity, to say
the least, but boy does the natural world need the respite it will get from
humans no longer having oil to play with.  Likewise banking.  We desperately
need to revert back to simpler living, but if we wind up with a 30's style
Depression (perhaps termed "The Great Correction"), with massive numbers of
people out of work, do you have any idea what that will look like?  Just think
through what happens when massive numbers of people are out of work looking for
food and shelter they can no longer pay for and governments have no ability to
help.  States are already running out of money and of course the U.S. as a
country is completely broke.  And all the while we say, oh you guys on Wall
Street you're so cute.  Keep your salaries and run along and play and those you
robbed of their ability to survive will
 wait for poetic justice to happen.  But, we'll kill billions of innocent
people in retribution for a handful of fanatics flying into buildings.  Is
there something not quite right with this picture?