[lit-ideas] Re: last honest reporter missing

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:31:53 -0400

The premise of this article was rejected by Alan Greenspan. Among other comments, he said he was responsible too. This was testimony in front of the Senate Committee. I think it was banking. He said he didn't really understand how the world worked. By the way, officials knew this was coming two years ago.

Didn't anyone wonder why Clinton was told by Greenspan to balance the budget and raise taxes to do so? Then all of a sudden when Bush came in, no deficit was too much.

Veronica
----- Original Message ----- From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>