[lit-ideas] Re: last honest reporter missing

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:25:03 -0400

>>Eric, even though you had to dig real deep to get this article . . .

I did not have to dig deep, Simon. It was in the center column of drudgereport.com and it caught my attention.

>>Sure Mae and Mac messed up, but so did Countrywide . . .

So did Obama and the Democrats! The main point of the article is that due to media bias, Obama isn't being held accountable, as McCain would have been, were the situation reversed. Your explication of the larger crisis only serves to obfuscate the main point of the article.

I feel sorry for Card, the author. Even though he is a Democrat, his publishing career is probably over now because he had the courage to call Obama out on this.

Eric