[lit-ideas] Re: last honest reporter missing

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:45:17 -0400

I was under the impression that Card wanted reporters to say what Obama had to do with Mac and Mae. He is right in that we need the whole story, including that they spent 200 million in lobbying Congress. And isn't one of McCain's advisors on the payroll of a lobbyist company for Mac and Mae?

The truth is, and I think everyone knows it who has not lived in a cave that we have sold Congress to the highest bidders. So perhaps knowing this, a lot of people will vote for Obama because of the stomach turning (mine) events in the White House and Republicans of the last eight years and what was done to the country by Newt Gingrich and Tom DeLay.

John McCain does not represent my interest according to his own words. So I hope for better from Obama, realizing that I might not get it.

I am also struck by a lot of prominent Republicans who have turned. I think they know a lot more than I do, mostly not good stuff about their party.

Re integrity, why are not all these people who talk on cable programs identified as lobbyist of both parties? Which is why I watch the BBC and CBC to find out what is going on in my own country.

Veronica
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>