[lit-ideas] Re: al Sheehan And The Spotlight

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 23:34:50 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/2005 8:37:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Can't  think of Sheehan, however, without thinking what an oppressive
mother she  must have been

Hi,
When I think of her, I think of the couple in Kansas that created things
after their daughter was killed so that convicted sexual offenders have to
register.  They changed the laws there...and it was a total example of what  a
parent does to try to protect other people's children and to 'use' that death
make something good out of something awful. (one of Frankl's points as to
what people did to survive the Holocaust...)

Best,
Marlena in Missouri