[lit-ideas] Re: al Sheehan And The Spotlight

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 21:38:09 +0100

Sunday, October 2, 2005, 8:12:37 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

JE> Say I then crusaded (well, tried to) on elder abuse and ageism.

EY> Not the same as with Cindy Sheehan, since your mom's views were
EY> negative (not supporting) whereas Casey was actively supporting the
EY> war by re-enlisting.

EY> If your mom had supported elder abuse and ageism, and you used her
EY> as a prop to crusade against it, then, yes, comparable.

but would that invalidate *my cause*?

-- you seem to be saying

a.  I don't think much of Cindy Sheehan

(so?)

b.   she's anti-war (and always has been) but her son was not and
enlisted, *therefore* she must have been an "oppressive" mother.

Re b., well, parents and children do disagree sometimes, and sometimes
on very important issues.  That doesn't make them bad
parents/children.

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx