[lit-ideas] Re: Waterboarding Bodies Mattered

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:33:50 -0700

Eric Yost (to Ursula)

Ad hominem. This article concerns reports of facts
in evidence, not mere opinions. Even though
published in the Washington Post editorial
section, the same basic information is available
from a number of sources.

RP to Eric

Ad hominem? Maybe. Facts? Dubious. A says 'torture brings it out of 'em like nothing else in the world.' B says, 'A says...' The Washington Post says, 'B said that A said that...'

Facts in evidence?...

I saw none. I see various claims and assertions made by men given official license to work out their closet sadism.

'A said that P,' is no evidence for P. The evidence here is that A said 'P.' And that isn't evidence for P.

I think I'm out of here before there's a cordiality shift.

RP