[lit-ideas] Re: Waterboarding Bodies Mattered

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:20:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 4/23/09, Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(2) Then there's the question of how far one would go to prevent babies from
burning; for example, from burning in a jet fuel explosion in a large building.
Casuistry, as I understand the word, involves inflexibly applying general
ethical principles to resolve moral dilemmas.

*This will be a misunderstanding of the word, I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casuistry

I wanted to add, the title of this thread is somewhat misleading. I believe
that no-one here would disagree that: "Waterboarding Bodies Mattered." A debate
might revolve over whether it was necessary, useful, prudent, moral, ethical
and so on.

O.K.