[lit-ideas] Re: "An Original Arist": obit of Sir Marmaduke Cholmondeley -- 'Walkhampton Times'

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:52:53 -0700

On Apr 21, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

They do all  originate, right?

I have no idearrr, as Eddie Izzard says. Meanwhile, if everyone will stand at attention and tap his or her vast gigaflop...we'll begin the exercises:

Another powerful Snow Leopard technology, OpenCL (Open Computing Language), makes it possible for developers to efficiently tap the vast gigaflops of computing power currently locked up in the graphics processing unit (GPU). With GPUs approaching processing speeds of a trillion operations per second, they’re capable of considerably more than just drawing pictures. OpenCL takes that power and redirects it for general-purpose computing.

David Ritchie,

Portland, Oregon