[lit-ideas] Re: The Strident Voice of Defeat

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:40:19 -0600

Irene, what propaganda are you talking about? Robert Kaplan is an editor for The Atlantic and has reported for various news outlets for over twenty years. I don't know his politics but I would speculate it is Center-Left. And I think if we compare my information sources with yours I'm reading on a wider spectrum than you are.

You say that facts don't enter into my equation but I've asked you to back up your absurd statement about "the military" and you are now retreating from it into some kind of conspiracy. I'm asking you for facts. You made an assertion. Back it up. Don't just restate what you've already said.

Do you read any milblogs? If you don't I can recommend some for you and we'll see if the facts that are reported there aren't too damaging to your realist (aka defeatist) worldview. The people on your side either believe we cannot win (it is impossible and probably always was) or don't want to win.

Brian

On Jan 13, 2007, at 11:32 PM, Andy Amago wrote:

You read only feel good propaganda and wishful thinking. By the time the generals offer themselves up with quotable quotes it will be way too late. Facts just don't enter into your equation Brian. It's always Life the Way It Ought To Be. Why the *hell* are we losing so desperately and al Qaeda is growing so rapidly? We're not even breaking even. We're losing. Write back and suggest I read some propaganda so I too know the truth about life the way it ought to be.