[lit-ideas] Re: The Rise & Fall of Somalia's Islamic Courts: An Online History (The Fourth Rail)

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:53:14 -0800

I returned to the moral equivalence idea.  How can we frame it logically, if
we assume there is no difference between what the terrorist does and what
the defender against a terrorist does?

Straw man argument.

The problem in Iraq isn't terrorists. The war in Iraq is a sectarian civil war between a number of militias. Lawrence is ignoring reality and talking about hypothetical situations.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com