[lit-ideas] Re: The Rise & Fall of Somalia's Islamic Courts: An Online History (The Fourth Rail)

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:01:56 -0800

Embed reporter Bill Roggio has written an outstanding history of the
Islamic Courts in Somalia and posted it to his site:
http://billroggio.com/archives/2007/01/the_rise_fall_of_som.php

It's quite fun to read this sort of stuff. It reminds me of reading Soviet propaganda pieces from the 80s. They inverted everything.

The Bushies figured they could strenghten Somalia by backing the various criminal warlords. This drove the population into the arms of Islam, which promised to protect them from the warlords. The Bush strategy backfired and Somalia went from being a fractured country into an Islamic republic.

The Bushies had been warned about this, but they ignore experts (who are experts on "reality" and we all know that "reality" has a liberal bias). They charged ahead with support for the warlords. Yet another major failure for the neocons.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com