[lit-ideas] Re: Tasting: the preparatory text

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:42:33 +0200

On 18-Jul-09, at 7:50 PM, Walter C. Okshevsky wrote:

A transcendental ego walks into a bar, and says, ...

An effort, it no doubt is. (What isn't?) But I'm expecting much better stuff from this List than that. Anyone? We could also add: "An empiricist walks into a bar ..." And then why not: "An Aristotelian walks into a bar ...." A Cartesian, a Heideggerian, an Anselmian (what?), a Logical Positivist ... The
possibilities are almost endless.

What do you mean: 'ALMOST'?

Zeno walks into a bar ...

But I'm getting ahead of myself - first he has to walk TO the bar ....

And before that he has to walk halfway to the bar ...

And before THAT he has to walk halfway to halfway to the bar ...

And before THAT he has to walk halfway to halfway to halfway to the bar ...

And before THAT he has to walk halfway to halfway to halfway to halfway to the bar ...

And before THAT he has to walk halfway to halfway to halfway to halfway to halfway to the bar ...

Chris Bruce
parcelling out his humour
into an infinite number of bits, in
Kiel, Germany

P.S. I'm not QUITE the optimist Walter is: I'm not EXPECTING much better stuff than this - but I'm HOPING ...

-cb