[lit-ideas] Re: Tasting: the preparatory text

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:14:42 -0700

On Jul 13, 2009, at 6:45 PM, John McCreery wrote:

Just wanted to say how much I have been enjoying the karltrogge contributions. Sublime, I'd say, sublime.

Well come now, and you a McCreery, wasting time with all this falderal. To prepare for a whisky tasting you don't need any of this poncy romantic nonsense. All you need is an exhausting experience, the invasion of Washington D.C. armed with basket hilt sword, straight cricket bat and deba bochu, for example, or if you tend toward the wuss, climbing a mere mountain or two, and then when the sweat on your brow is distilled and captured into dew by handy interns, enjoying that wonderful mix of exhaustion, honest, soncy [having pleasing curves] sweat, mixed with a drop of the real stuff.

Piece of cake, this tasting business. The hard part is paying for it out of ither people's pockets.

David Ritchie,
Portland, quite a long way from Boring, really ------------------------------------------------------------------