[lit-ideas] Re: Studies In Chicken and Whisky

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:41:09 -0700 (PDT)

I'm sure you're talking about my rant, for which I apologize and will make an effort to be more uplifting henceforth.  Having said that, the problem as I see it is that those were just statements of fact about what's going on in the world.  By that definition Leonardo DiCaprio and Al Gore are ranting.  On the other hand, I do understand that all politics are local and in our little corner of this soon to be erstwhile blue green planet all those facts are best not discussed.  But, I'll work at keeping a lid on my inner ecologist.

Regarding simple, there are some schools of thought that say simplicity is the essence of elegance.  Other schools say otherwise.  Hemingway versus Henry James, for that matter James Joyce, and I do like Baroque music a lot, it's so elegantly complex, truly.

Let's see now, uplifting.  I got it.  Oil is trading in the $127 a barrel range [as she ducks and misses the shoe that just whizzed by.].  Okay, let me tell you about Naomi Wolf's book Disaster Capitalism.  All right, all right be that way.  Or search Charlie Rose for Naomi Wolf and watch Charlie throw shoes at Naomi.  Seriously, I will make an effort to be more uplifting.