[lit-ideas] Re: SUNDAY POEM.

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:29:33 -0400

Mike, your poem reminds me of the poignancy of The Dutchman, written by
Michael Peter Smith, covered by many.  I hesitate to send the lyrics
because more than half the beauty is in the music and the delivery and I
wouldn't want anyone to think they knew it without hearing it.  But here...

http://www.makem.com/discography/recordings/lyricpage/dutchman.html

Lots of people have done it.  I have at least eight different versions.
  It will tear your heart out (if you're any kind of (hu)man at all.)

Ursula
crying just from the memory of it
and telling you all that downloading music off the internet is no crime
in Canada