[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:14:08 EST

Trivial side-note to the Schiavo case ....this, like all major news events,
has spawned a new catch-phrase -- "judicial homicide"....<<The parents of
Terri Schiavo say an appeals court ruling against re-inserting her feeding tube

is "judicial homicide." >>

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life,
Right to Die  Date: 3/26/05 4:35:55 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_nantongo@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:nantongo@xxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> what's most
>  important:
>
> The longevity of life or its intensity?

As  someone planning for retirement, I can't separate the two. Notice how
online  retirement planning tools ask you two basic questions: How long do
you  expect to live and how much will it cost to do what you want to do after
you  retire? I've been plugging in death at age 100 and am carefully
considering  what will constitute the good retired life. Quantity & quality.
I want  'em  both.

http://www.smartmoney.com/retirement/planning/index.cfm?story=intro

Best,  MN