[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:59:45 -0500

Thanks Marlena.  I have heard of Eden places, don't know if we have any
here.  Nevertheless, it's the last place one goes before death.  With
modern medications, etc. that can be a long time indeed.  I am not sure but
I believe the pets belong to the house, not to inmates.  Just living isn't
enough for someone like me.  I watched my Dad with Alzheimer's disease and
my mother-in-law who couldn't hear, couldn't see, was frustrated beyond
bearing because she knew what she wanted to say but couldn't get it out so
that we could understand her.  I guess the issue is not so much the quality
of the nursing home as much as the quality of life one is willing to
accept.  By the way, do you happen to know the waiting list for Eden
houses?  The best nursing homes here don't accept Medicaid and it's only
for the wealthy.  Very wealthy.  Most nursing homes here are the
traditional type.

Veronica

The feds