[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:57:22 -0800

Veronica Caley wrote:

> Robert, you might consider a video of your wishes as well.  We have been
> advised to do this by an attorney several years ago.  Might be because we
> live in a state that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Right to Life.

Interesting idea. I'd hoped that if necessary lit-ideas people would
deluge Congress with 'he's done enough' letters and emails. I live in a
state (the only one) in which 'assisted suicide' is legal. Gonzales is
taking up where Ashcroft left off and pursuing a Federal suit to strike
down the Oregon law. Challenges to it have been dismissed by the courts
so far, but I understand the case is now to be heard by The Supremes;
thus anything can happen.

Robert Paul
reed.edu